How to Select and Customize RFID Wristbands?
1. Choose the material of wristbands(One time use? Re-usable? Waterproof?)
Custom RFID wristbands can be made in a variety of materials, but the most common ones are Silicone, Woven fabric, Tyvek, vinyl, PVC and plastic. The material impacts how your design translates from the computer screen onto the actual wristband. For one-time use wristbands, Tyvek, vinyl, or PVC are the most common materials.
Silicone and fabric are for long time use. Vinyl and fabric wristbands could be one time use or reusable according to the snap closure you choose. Tyvek is disposable with the adhesive cut. All these RFID wristbands all waterproof. But if you use it on waterpark, plastic or silicone wristbands will be better.
Silicone –The most popular material for RFID wristbands. Ideal for custom RFID bracelets to be worn for months or even years on end.
Woven – High-security woven fabric bands utilize plastic ring closures and are commonly used by music festivals. Promotional woven wristbands are commonly used by charity causes and fundraisers.
Tyvek – A paper-like material made from high-density polyethylene fibers. Tyvek is a registered trademark owned by DuPont. Tyvek event wristbands are designed for short-term use and utilize adhesive closures that show signs of tampering. If your event will only be for a day, Tyvek wristbands are the ultimate cost-effective solution.
PVC – Secure and comfortable, plastic wristbands hold up to more wear than Tyvek bands. If you have a multi-day event such as a week-long seminar, then plastic event wristbands are perfect. Unlike Tyvek, plastic wristbands feature plastic snap closures instead of adhesive.
Vinyl – Thicker than PVC and Tyvek bands due to tri-laminate construction, vinyl wristbands can last for very long periods of wear. Ideal if your guests need to keep their wristbands on for a week or more.
2. Choose the Style, size, and color
How much branding space do you need? Are they for kids & adults? Should you use different shapes and colors?
3. Choose the chip
Do you just need to read a serial number or want memory for data or stored credit? Chips for low frequency, high frequency, and ultra high frequency are available. You may choose the chip according to the frequency and storage.
4. Customize RFID Wristbands
1) Choose the Printing method according to the material you choose.
Printing for personalized wristbands:
Color filled for the debossed number.
Woven（Up to 8 colors. Includes neon and metallic threads)
Features of Designs on Wristbands
Tyvek: Tend to bleed slightly, so make sure any images you want to use don’t have too much detail or thin lines.
Vinyl: Support much greater detail but feels noticeably thicker than Tyvek.
PVC: Supports a great amount of detail while being about as thin and comfortable as Tyvek.
Silicone: Mainly for messaging and branding through text, which can be silk screened, or debossed with color filled onto the band.
Fabric: Highly detailed designs can be created, though not to the level as on PVC or vinyl.
2) Customize the right logo, pattern, text or number on your wristbands according to the material, style, size, color and printing method you choose.
3) Available Crafts: Laser Number (Serial No & Chip UID etc), spraying oil, QR, barcode, debossed, embossed.
4) Chip program/encode/lock/encryption will be available as well (URL ,TEXT ,Number and Vcard).
5) OEM, ODM service supplied(from molding to production)
Personalized RFID wristbands Notice:
1)Design File Preparation:
- using a low DPI image will lead to a blurry final result. Stick with 300 DPI as a general rule of thumb, as it will ensure your image remains clear and crisp when printed.
- Convert all fonts to outlines
- Please send “layered files” when possible
2)Accepted File Formats:Illustrator(.ai) Photoshop(.psd) PDF(.pdf) InDesign(.indd) JPEG(.jpeg) Quark